Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goals

My friend Michelle has been talking about Goals today on her Blog - Joy Express (check it out) http://joyexpress.com.au/ and has inspired me to set a few goals for myself today.

1. Put on the washing and get it out on the line early.
2. Finish the ironing that is threatening to overwhelm my craft room.
3. Complete at least 10 pages of scrapbooking.
4. Make home-made burger patties for supper and to freeze.
5. Write on my Blog - can tick this one off my list.
6. Spend 10 minutes in my garden enjoying the beauty of it.

So often we wake up and plan for so many things to happen in the day and then become distracted with everyday chores and demands and don't achieve the few special things we want to do. Yes, I have a few chores on my list, but I have also added in a couple of rewarding things just for me. If I achieve the 6 items on today's list, then I will have achieved today's goal.

I know that I will achieve many more items, but the secret will be to achieve the 'rewarding' ones as well as the requirements.

Beverly

No comments: