Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy holidays

I love the school holidays. I gain about 2 hours everyday by not doing the school drop off and pickup. I also don't have to make those dreaded school lunches - that usually come home again, uneaten! The other major blessing is no ironing of school uniforms. I think I am going to ban school. Are there any downsides to school holidays for me - No I don't think so! I get to lie-in and the children are not grumpy. They are seldom bored and we enjoy each others company. So I am with the children - NO SCHOOL!!!!

These holidays have been fun. We have had family visiting from Canberra (Ivan's brother and nephew). Matthew was in heaven with Dean around for 5 days. They played snooker, air-hockey, badmington, PS2, computer games and swam. We never saw them from morning to night, unless it was for food. They also had a great day at Movieworld together, just the 2 Dads and the 2 boys! I am glad I did not go! Matthew went on the Scoobie Doo ride about 9 times, Dean and Alistair also did the Superman ride - No way! I am not good with rollercoasters.

We have also had lots of appointments these holidays. Sarah got her new glasses for reading, and Ivan's new glasses also arrived. Matthew had his visit to the cleft clinic and they were please with his progress. The best news is that we don't have to seem them for 2 years now, instead of every year. The girls and I have dentist appointments this afternoon - Yuck! and Matthew is having his 'expander' fitted to his mouth tomorrow. This is not going to be at all nice! I will have to get back into turning it everyday.

Elizabeth is working hard on University assignments as she only has 3 weeks left of classes before her exams and then she is finished her first year at Uni. Wow!



2008 has flown by! I am already contemplating Christmas cards and have started my Christmas shopping. The shops all have their Christmas trees and baubles up for sale. Seems a bit early for that for me, but I guess it is now only 8 weeks until December.

Hope you are all enjoying your holidays.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds to me like you're all having a great time. Hmmmmppph! :(
Aah well, enjoy it while you can I guess.

Anonymous said...

You are just like a mom that I was talking to the other day, she was saying how much she always loved having her children at home. This was after a lady saying "Oh I can't wait for them to go back to school" We both agreed that it was a sad admission, I do believe that if you have a good relationship with your children you are happy for them to be at home with you. Obviously this was not the case with her. Enjoy the last day or two with the family.

sandra andrews said...

As you know Bev, I agree with you on all accounts. Can't believe how fast holidays have gone, and Xmas is so close! Much to look forward to. All our love.