Monday, October 6, 2008

A Big Adventure into Creative Writing.

I DID IT - HELP!!!!!!!
I am not sure quite what I was thinking, but I have applied through QTAC for a university place next year to study Creative writing. Wow! I am taking a really big breath at the moment, at the enormity of what I have decided to do.

The funny thing is that Ivan is away and I haven't even had a chance to tell him about it yet, or even discuss it with him. I just decided all by myself.

For a long time now I have been wondering what I am going to do with the next 40-50 years of my life and I realised that I love writing. Yes, you can all see that by the number of emails and Blogs that I put out everyday. This is the one thing that "is my music inside!"

I have over the past couple of weeks been investigating the courses online at UQ (University of Queensland) and there are some wonderful English and writing courses, so today, while at Uni with Elizabeth, I made some enquiries, received some information and came home and applied.

I will not know until January whether I have been offered a place asI have had to provide all sorts of documentation. I tell you, trying to dig out school results and Uni results and Tafe results and employment records. What a job! Still it looks fairly impressive so far, so everyone wish me luck.

If I get accepted, I will start off part-time I think, with just one or maybe two courses (1/2 a normal course load) and see how I cope. The best part of all of this is that for the first time in my life I am not afraid of failing. For so long I have been afraid to try anything new - in case I failed! I have however, realised that I cannot fail. I can only succeed to the best of my ability and if I decide it is not for me, then that is also okay, as I am sampling life to decide what I want to do.

I am going to let my 'music sing'. I am going to enjoy studying and expanding my knowledge and skills. I am going to be accepted into Uni for 2009. So what are you doing to follow your star?

Beverly



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! This is fantastic! Congratulations on going after a dream; I'm really proud of you.
I'm sure you're going to love it; and as you say, if you don't - aah well - no bother. You sampled it. :)
Well done Bev.
My only sagely advise is this:
Writers write!

Beverly said...

I know that! I don't think I will have too much problems writing, it is just if it makes any sense or is actually any good.
Thanks for the wonderful support.
Love
Beverly

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! More for having the guts to do something about what you love so much. I know that you are ready for this challenge, hey after all, I don't know anyone that reads so many books in such a short space of time. Who knows what ideas they might all give you. I know Ivan is going to be very very proud of you, (poor guy is now probably saying - Yikes I now need 3 jobs) LOL. Just joking. Go for it my love, your forties will be the best time of all for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! First a Blog now a Uni Degree!! When are we going to find time to "talk"???

Good on you! Indulge the Inner Goddess!