Friday, October 10, 2008

Tiredness and family news.

Good morning everyone,

No post for yesterday, I crashed with a huge bang! I woke up really tired and early again, but could not get going. Unlike other mornings for some reason, I was in shut down mode all day. I had planned to try and fit in a 20 minute doze somewhere, but did not get there, so spent the day trying to stay awake.

At the moment I am sitting in the semi-gloom, listening to the rain on our metal roof. I woke at 4.30am to hear the rain. Such a welcome sound, as the garden was beginning to look really parched with no rain for the last three weeks. The great news is that our water tanks will now refill and we can keep using them for watering the flower beds. The lawn will hopefully pick up again and the sad burnt patches recover.

Family news is that Matthew had his interview with the Principal for the position of Middle School Co-Captain. He will find out on Presentation night (late November) whether he has been elected or not?
Sarah has also decided to try out for the same position in the Junior school and filled in her nomination form last night. She will have to make a speech on October 27th and again have to wait for the end of the year. It is so amazing as a parent to see your children develop and grow. I am so proud of both Matthew and Sarah for trying out for these leadership positions, the thoughts and reasons that they have both given for wanting to be school leaders are admirable. As is their courage in even trying out. Can you imagine yourself at age 10 and 14 standing up in front of 300 of your peers and delivering a speech? I know I would have found it very difficult.

Elizabeth is doing really well considering the stress she is under at the moment. She only has two weeks left of University and a huge 2500 word essay to write, a test next week and then 3 exams in early November. She has written a time management plan for herself and I think this is making life a lot easier for her. So we are supporting and helping her as much as possible.

As for myself, I am heading to a CM consultant get together tonight to plan for our Sunday crop. We are getting together for Chinese takeaway and a chat, luckily this is just a couple of streets away, so won't be a late night. Sunday we have our monthly workshop from 10-5 and although this is the day that Ivan gets back from his overseas trip, I am still going! I have customers that I can't let down. I will probably sneak out a little early from the day to get home to see him.

And so as they say in the movies "That's all folks!" Well for today in anycase. Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Beverly



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, not long till the weekend and hubby coming home.

Anonymous said...

Time out with the CM Team sounds like a Fabulous Plan! What a lovely indulgence for Sunday, which is then topped off by Ivan home - YAY!

Jenny Adams said...

Two of my favourite things! Listening to rain on the roof - even more important in these times of drought, and get togethers for Creative memories consultants - ENJOY! And I'm always impressed with kids to want to go for it - well done!
Jenny

sandra andrews said...

You can tell it's the end of the week Bev. Like you we look forward to having Steve home again (tonight for us). You're fortunate to get some rain. Very dry here in Melb as you probably know. Have a good weekend and hopefully catch up on some sleep.