Friday, October 3, 2008

Special needs

I know that there is a very special poem that was written about 'children with special needs' (I will try and find it and publish it on Vesta-poetry) It is how God looked down to Earth and specially chose their parents. I remember reading it a very long time ago and thinking how wonderful those parents would be.

I now realise that I have been specially chosen by God, just for my children. They are three wonderfully gifted, talented, special and amazingly 'needful' children. God chose our family to place them and I thank him every day.

I know that there are times when I despair that I cannot fix or help them, times when they endure problems and suffering. Times when I wish that I could just take it all away from them, but I realise that they have been placed with me for a reason. I am the person that is best suited to be their Mommy.

Today Matthew endured another day at the orthodontist. He had his second expander fitted! Over the next four weeks, we will turn the key every second day and push his teeth apart. It will affect his speech, his eating and also I am sure cause him discomfit. I have always said that when God gave him his cleft lip and palate, he gave him the strength and humour to cope with the problems and pain. Matthew's theory is that he was going to be born perfect, but God decided that was not fair to the world, so had to 'deform' him in some way. See the humour!!!

Our beautiful Elizabeth is struggling at the moment, she needs our love and support to get her through this time in her life. We are here for her and will take care of her until she is able once more to stand tall and strong and conquer the world in her wonderful indomitable manner.

Little Sarah is our 'magical' child! She is so strong and determined and yet so vulnerable and insecure. She was born with a purpose and I know that when she finds it - it is going to be "Look out world!"

Am I up to this task? Yes, I think I am. God never gives us more challenges that we can cope with. He puts us in the right place, at the right time, and if we only open ourselves to the power of his gifts, we can reign supreme. I am blessed to be the Mother of my wonderful children. I know that this is one of the reasons I have lived the life that I have, so that I can raise them to share with the world their amazing gifts, love and talents.

My wish is that every parent experiences the love that I have for my children and that every child finds the true love that they deserve from the parents that God gave them.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW !!! I can believe how wonderful your words are, we sometimes forget what God has given us to bear. I know you are a wonderful mother and hope through your blog the world will also realise this. You are so right that God never gives us too much to bear, even though some days we do despair. Keep up the good work on this blog. Both Dad and I are very proud of both of our children and always enjoy reading your Blogs.