Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday morning thoughts

I wonder what it is about Mondays? Even though today the children don't have to go to school, (they head back tomorrow) I woke up this morning and my first thought was 'Oh no its Monday!' The traffic started a little earlier outside the bedroom window. Abby (our dog) had a lot more to say to the neighbourhood as more people were up walking early, and my thoughts went into overdrive. This is unlike a Sunday morning, which for some reason is the one day when every thought is always slow and easy in the morning.

Today is a busy day for Elizabeth and I. She discovered late yesterday that her Myth, magic and Religion essay which she thought was due on the 9th, is actually due today the 6th. Big Ooops! Luckily yesterday, she had spent the day doing everything possible to complete it. By 4.00pm however, we realised that it was going to need some time spent on it today. Now that would have been good as it is still holidays and we had plenty time. But the pressure of knowing that by 5.00pm it has to be handed in, added a lot of stress and pressure. So the two of us are heading into the University this morning. I am going to find books for her Bibliography and she is going to work on a few last paragraphs. I must admit I have learnt so much about the cults of Cybele and Isis in Ancient Rome over the last few days, while I have typed for her as she dictated her thoughts. It is fascinating and makes me realise how easy it has become to allow my brain to stagnate over the last 24 years. I am not sure I could go back to University and study myself (although I keep toying with the idea of doing a creative writing course next year), but I am learning all the time and loving it. Thanks Elizabeth, I know you worry that you are adding to my workload - it is fun to do something so different.

Sarah and Matthew are having their hair trimmed for school (thanks Mom for taking care of that for me) and then it is a day to pack their bags and get organised. Polish the school shoes and find their hats and belongings. Hopefully their lunch boxes were emptied at the end of the holidays, or they could have grown a new life form by now! Only joking! I did check! They have just 9 weeks left of school this year, so that is going to be a busy time for us all.

As you can see my "Monday" brain is in full swing this morning.

Remember today's thought - Happiness is contagious! Be a carrier! and have a great Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok ! I am already exhausted reading about Mondays. I actually love Mondays, it is the beginning of a totally new adventure as one never knows in which direction you are going to be taken. We always used to go to movies on a Monday when we lived in South Africa, it sort of set the tone to have an enjoyable week,that is of course if youdidn't watch "The Silence of the Lambs" !!!. You are being a great Mom in helping Elizabeth and I know with you by her side she will acomplish many more things than she could ever dream of.

Beverly said...

Thanks for your support Mom.