Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Old Father Time!

An old man stepping slowly towards the end of his time, not sad, but experienced and ready to leave.
This is 'Old Father Time' as we leave 2008 on the last day of the year.

It has been an amazing year of learning and growing for me. I have learnt to allow myself to grow, seen the beauty in the world and realised that I alone have the power to chose how I live this amazing life that I have been given.

I am excited about next year, but today am reflecting on my achievements.

I am happy to say that I like myself more at the end of this year than I did at the beginning! I find this very interesting, as I know that I have not really changed, but my thoughts and energy towards who I am - Has! Wow, just a thought can change a life.

I feel more alive, young and in my skin! Does that make sense? I began the year in fear of another 40-50 years of the same daily grind and now I look forward with eagerness to so many years of life; of joy and learning.

My family is strong and wonderful. My three amazing children are a blessing that I count every day. I will be celebrating 20 years with my special man in March and I know that I am truly blessed in this relationship.

2008, has been a good year for me. I will be sad for the first time in a long time to say goodbye to a year. I am joyful that I got to live this year and there is a sense of nostalgia that I am letting it go. Amazingly enough, I can let this year go with peace in my heart. It has lived its time and can pass peacefully into happy memory - no regrets and no unfinished business.

I guess Old Father Time can say goodnight!

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year's Eve, be safe, be happy and find your Joy and Blissings!

No comments: