Monday, December 29, 2008

The Christmas Week

Saturday (today is Monday), I got the children to clear all their presents out of the lounge into their rooms. I am always amazed how such a large pile of gifts can be absorbed into an already full room, but they seem to blend in quite easily. I managed to do some washing and also sweep and vacuum the floors, so at least the house looks quite tidy.

I then had great fun sorting all my books onto my bookshelf in my room and in fact have started reading my novels already. Much to Ivan's dismay I have read the first one in my new series by Kate Forsyth and am onto book two.
Ivan enjoyed watching his new DVD series from Mom and Dad - Life in cold blood by David Attenborough and the children all indulged in various games. Elizabeth had to work Saturday so I moved her things into her room for her.

Yesterday was our games day! We first all played the new version of Scene It (a movie DVD game). Then a great new Australian game called 365 days, it was fun as the questions relate to your own life and sometimes you can escape a hazard if you have achieved something, or have to take a hazard as you work through 365 days.

Ivan set up his new swing ball and Sarah flew her remote helicopter, then WAR was declared with the water guns. I had the most amazing advantage as Ivan had bought me a water gun this year. It is the first time (as an adult) that I have had a water gun. Mine was so much better than all of theirs, so I had the upper hand, until Ivan decided the hose was much better. We all had lots of fun in the pool for a swim.

Today the sun is out and beautiful as I sit and type at 5.47am, the house is quiet and cool and it is lovely to be alone with my thoughts and reflections. Christmas 2008 has been joyful and happy and I am looking forward to this lovely New Year Week.



1 comment:

Jenny Adams said...

That sounds like so much fun! i LOVE the idea of a GAMES DAY.