Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Ivan finished work yesterday - Yipeeeeeee!!!!!

The magic part of this morning is that he has gone to drop Elizabeth off at work and then has gone Christmas shopping all by himself for my presents. Ooooh that is so exciting! It is funny, I would rather have one very small gift that he has thought of, bought and wrapped himself, than 100 gifts that I have given him ideas for. Life can be so busy and stressful, that sometimes we lose the magic of just looking for something extra special and wonderful for each person. We also fall so easily into the trap (well I do) of wanting to get everyone, everything that they have asked for. Which of course, as usual I have done.

I have also had a wonderful morning reading Michelle's JoyExpress, she has so many lovely Christmassy posts that I am completely in the mood.

Yesterday, Matthew and Sarah helped me make another 11 dozen Christmas Mince pies, it was fun and yummy! The first batch were completely demolished already, which is wonderful as so often we end up with Christmas goodies left over.

Today I am going to make some savoury 'curry mince' pies to eat with drinks. These are our favourites and although Mom has given us 3 dozen, Matthew managed to eat almost a dozen yesterday, so today he has offered to help me make a huge batch, just for him and a few of course for us. It is going to be really good, as he is doing Home Economics as a subject next year, so is going to learn to make the whole thing from scratch - should be fun.

Only 5 more sleeps until Christmas. So merry 'Bubbles of Christmas' to you all.

No comments: