Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas bubbles of happiness!

In recent years I have experienced a few flat moments at Christmas time and seemed to have lost a little of the magic. As a child Christmas was so magic and special, the house was always filled with love and laughter, friends and family. We seemed to share and do some much during the December holidays and even as I grew up and had my own children the magic was always in the air.

The last couple of years have just seemed less magical and I have not been able to figure out what is going on, so I have been giving it a lot of thought!

This morning I realised that to experience the magic bubbles of Christmas JOY, you have to work really hard at it! Now that sounds really strange, but it is like the everything in life, what you put in - is what you get out.

When I was a child, my parents made Christmas magic! When I grew up and had children of my own, I made the magic happen for them. Now as they are growing up, it is so easy to let the magic slide just a little. Work pressures of recent years have meant that Ivan has worked up until late on Christmas Eve every year and is hardly rested or relaxed by Christmas morning. We have lost the time and fun of putting in all the work, to make it magic. We have not been to a Christmas Carols concert or a Nativity play in recent years.

So I am in search of magic Christmas Bubbles! I am putting on my Cd's really loud, turning on my lights on my tree every night and just celebrating the JOY of Christmas. Today is Ivan's last day of work and for the next few days we will relax and work a little around the house, getting everything ready and then Wednesday next week, look out - Christmas will be bubbling out of our home.

I hope you find the JOY and bubbles of Christmas, if you can't find any this year, I am sending you all a heap of them.

No comments: