Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving Turkey! This year we have followed some of the wonderful traditions that we learnt while living in the USA. First of all we had Halloween and this weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving. It was really just an excuse to have a Turkey with Stuffing and remember all the things we are thankful for.


Firstly I am thankful for the wonderful man in the photos above. His love and his care of me and his family is something for which I am grateful everyday. For nearly 20 years he has loved and cared for me and I am most 'thankful' for Ivan.

We spent most of the day decorating our tree and the house and now it is 'beginning to look a lot like Christmas!'. This is my 'most favourite' time of the year and for this I am truly thankful. I love the spirit of Christmas. The times we lie in the dark looking at the tree, listening to Christmas music and sharing time together as a family. Of course Christmas day is my 'bestest, most favourite' day of the whole year.


The next thing that I am truly 'thankful for' is that my Dad (who went into hospital yesterday with severe chest pains) appears to be doing okay. I am thankful for the nurses, doctors and all the staff who have looked after him so well. Hopefully they will now do some tests and find out what is causing the problems.


Although I am thankful for many things this year, the most important things are my wonderful family (especially my beautiful children); my special friends and for all the peace and joy that I have in my life.


Take some time today to find some of the things you are thankful for, it is amazing when you take the time to just acknowledge them out loud, how many you can find.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do find your post Inspiring, Beverly. Thank You. I especially love the photo of you and Ivan (the one on the right) - I think your affair with your husband is Going Well!