Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude for 2009

A very good friend of mine "Angel Julie" sent me an email a couple of days ago that has completely inspired me. She had read an article in which a lady described her "Blissings!" - no the spelling is not wrong! These are her moments of bliss and her blessings combined - see the quote below:

"As part of a personal project to improve my 'attitude of gratitude' I took a photo every day for a year of something I was thankful for. At the end of the year I compiled the collection into a photo book for my children. I'm now into my second year - it had become addictive"

WOW! For everyone who knows me, this is totally up my alleyway. I love my photography, love my memory albums and for years I have worked on an inner project of finding something to be grateful for each and everyday.

So for 2009, I am starting an "Attitude of Gratitude" album. I am ordering a very simple slip-in type album from Creative Memories, called a Picfolio expandable album that holds 5 photos per page, or 4 photos and a journalling box and each day I am going to write my gratitude journal on the pretty journalling box, take a photo of something that I am grateful for; something that makes me laugh or smile or something that brings me joy.

At the end of next year, I will own an "Attitude of Gratitude Album" a keepsake of 365 wonderful moments in my life, that will reflect the joy of being alive, all my blessings and allow me to let go the difficult/problem/worries of the world. Help me to share the 'blissings' that we all have.

I would like to challenge all the readers of my Blog to share in this wonderful idea! Imagine what a world we can create if everyone let go the negatives, let go hate and brought into the world, peace and harmony. Start with your own family, share the message with friends and strangers and as you take your daily photos, share your gratitude for the wonderful life you have and live.

Remember today is also "Pay it forward Tuesday" - share the joy today. Send a friend or stranger a card or an email message, telling them how much you appreciate them. Tell them to "Pay it forward", so we can share the Joy of living.

Beverly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this! YAY! Imagine how much LOVE we will feel for the world by the end of a year of Gratitude. Woo Hoo!