Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The magic of email and the digital age

Today I have been opening emails every time I switch on the computer, wishes of joy and celebration for Christmas.

It is wonderful to be able to share with friends from all over the world, just at the touch of a button, I even got an email from the USA early with photos and everything, which just brought a smile to my face.

Yesterday I had the joy of receiving a CD with photos of friends we have not seen in over 10 years, I love technology!

My thoughts are now turning to tonight and tomorrow, to the bubbles that simmer gently inside right now, but that are linking up and will soon bubble forth with joy.

I have prepared all my veges, made the Brandy butter - Yum! The sauce for the prawn cocktail, and am now about to dig out the beautiful Christmas dinner service. In the past few years, we have found the hours spent preparing for Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, have freed us up to enjoy the time with the children and of course our own pressies.

As a last thought (well that is if I don't think of one or two more), I must admit to being so excited about the gifts that I will be receiving this year. Elizabeth is old enough that she has gone out and used all her own money to buy gifts, hardly anyone asked me for a list, and so I have no idea just what will be under the tree for me tomorrow. I know that my greatest JOY has always been giving on Christmas day, but tomorrow morning, I think that I am going to experience the JOY of receiving!

So once more, Merry Christmas to one and all.

No comments: