Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day!

Today is a wonderful day for indulgence!
Christmas Day is always so busy and such fun in our house. We started really early yesterday, yes Ivan woke before 5am and we were up and our first photo of the children opening their stocking presents shows the clock at 5.25am.

We had such fun this year (as always, I guess!), but it seemed really special this year. We spoilt the children again! What's New! Books were the order of the day, after Ivan stopped off at Barnes & Noble in Stamford, Connecticut in November. He came home with a spare case of books, so Elizabeth and I will be busy reading for months. I received some lovely novels and also some lovely New Age books. My favourite book however, is one from the British Museum in London that Ivan bought for me, it is a book of "Classical Love Poetry." Taken from beautiful poems written through the ages, really special.


Elizabeth at nearly 19, is in heaven with her Nintendo DS and the new book "Twilight", Matthew of course was totally spoilt getting his own laptop computer. I am really happy with this, as now I can have my computer back again. Sarah got a WII console and games and the children have had such fun together playing on it. Grandad even had a go at the Boxing game! We also bought Sarah her own flute, she has been playing at school now for a year and is doing really well, intending to keep this up, so we gave her a beautiful new flute for her present.
I am happy! I am filled with peace and joy, love for my family and joy at giving and receiving some wonderful gifts.
Photos will follow in the next couple of posts, so look out!

No comments: