Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life's lessons.

Today our beautiful Sarah learnt one of the hardest life lessons - That is the lesson of disappointment! Her bid for Junior School Captain was not successful, but she more than won the prize in my eyes. She handled her disappointment with dignity and maturity beyond her years. She congratulated and hugged her friend Charlotte who won the position. Some of the girls were in tears and Sarah even spent her time comforting them. These actions alone show me that she is ready to tackle anything that life can throw her way and will flourish and grow over the next few years, to be the amazing young woman that we see emerging.

I also saw Matthew perform at his very first official function today. He, along with Madeline, gave a lovely speech to the graduating Year 9 cohort and also spent a lot of time helping the Head of Middle School, set up and tidy up. I received so many lovely compliments about his manners and behaviour and everyone is looking forward to watching him grow in his leadership next year.

I am unbelievably proud of both Sarah and Matthew as they complete Year Five and Year Eight respectively. It is their final years in their respective sub-schools next year, so will be an exciting one for them both.

We can relax and enjoy the holidays now. Yippeeeeee! No more school lunches or school run for 6 weeks. No more school uniforms to iron and no more early mornings. Elizabeth is old enough now to get herself up and off to work and Ivan is always happy to make his own breakfast and lunch. So my plans for tomorrow - A long lie-in!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful stuff indeed! :)
I am very proud of my nephew and niece so please tell them that. You are very blessed and I look forward to seeing my children grow up as well into young adults (and then being able to sleep in! LOL!); but not too soon - they are still very cute at their young age.
Hugs and congrats to both the winners 'in life'.