Friday, November 28, 2008

Finally finished!

10 Secrets for Success and inner peace!

When I first started my blog I talked a lot about this wonderful book by Dr Wayne Dyer. I tried to take each secret and break it down to share what I had got out of it. Time and daily life seemed to get in the way and I lost the momentum, to finish reading it and also to blog about it.
A couple of days ago I found the time to finish and I want to share with you a little more.

To recap:

Secret one: "Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing."
Secret two: "Don't die with your music still in you."
Secret three: "You can't give away what you don't have."
Secret four: "Embrace Silence"
Secret five: "Give up your personal history."
Secret six: "You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it."
Secret seven: "There are no justified resentments."
Secret eight: "Treat yourself as if you already are what you'd like to be"
Secret nine: "Treasure your divinity."
Secret ten: "Wisdom is avoiding all thoughts that weaken you."

Each of these very simple and yet profound philosophies has given me something. They are easy to read and understand and yet not so easy to live. The days that I have successfully lived one or more of them have been wonderful days.

I have realised that I can choose how I live each and every day and in fact each and every minute. I can wake up each morning and say:

"Good morning God!" or I can wake up and say "Good God - morning!" I know which one will give me the better day.

The best is treating myself as though I have already achieved that which I wish to achieve! I wanted to lose some weight about 6 months ago. So I put in place all the things that I needed to do this. I believed that I would weigh 5 kilos less by Christmas. I still had to do all the hard stuff, like not eat so much, exercise etc. But now just a few weeks out from Christmas I am down over 4 kilos. I believed and it happened. We can achieve anything that we truly want and believe, if it is the only thoughts that we think. We can put in the work required with joy and inspiration and it will happen.

And finally, avoid thoughts that weaken you. Forgive yourself, release any guilt from your life. You cannot change the past, you can learn from it and move forward with positive uplifting thoughts that will empower you to success. Don't be apathetic about life and things, these thoughts lead to despair. Be positive, live your life, you only get one chance at it - and it truly is beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea that we can just Assume we DESERVE the best - success, fulfillment, love, peace - and it works!

Thanks for reminding us to Live Our Bliss, Bev!