Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to think

Today after school drop-off, I will be coming home to an empty house. I don't have to go anywhere, I can just come home. I have lots of chores to achieve, like a whole basket of ironing, 2 baskets of washing and of course tidying up. But, I am not going to be rushing anywhere. For the first time in about a week, I will be coming home to silence and some time to think!

I realise that at this time of the year, I rush around a lot, trying to get everything organised for Christmas. I always have my carpets cleaned, house sprayed for pests and of course achieve the impossible, by attending every school activity with the children while doing Christmas shopping.

I seldom have a day of quiet, a day to meditate or just a few hours of total silence to find some peace and refresh my energy levels. So today I am dedicating to quiet, maybe some soft inspirational music, maybe just silence!

Then I am going to stay quiet and think about my wonderful life.

Christmas is now less than a month away. We are putting up our tree this weekend, I am almost finished doing the Christmas shopping and next week the children go on holiday. Madness I am sure will rush in again soon enough, but as I sit quietly now at the keyboard, only the sound of the birds and my fingers tapping on the keys, I relish the sound of silence.

No comments: