Sunday, November 2, 2008

Writing in my head!

Last night I informed the children that I did not want to be woken before 8.00am under any circumstances. We all agreed we needed a lie-in. (I love it now that my children are older and don't wake up so early). I woke at 5.00am, let Abby (our dog) out and went back to bed. Having only turned off my light at mindnight after reading a wonderful book my friend Michelle had lent me (Angels in my hair), I was rather tired!

At 8.01am I woke for the second time and just smiled, my internal body clock had rung its alarm and told me it was now 8.00am. I decided that it was time to get up and begin writing down all the words that had been floating around for the previous 8 hours! There are times when I wish I could connect directly to the computer, as amazing words of power float in my mind. I see poetry and words that just flow with ease and when I try to capture them through my fingers, they sometimes disappear.

I have posted a new poem on Vesta-poetry last night, it is a little different but so reflective of my space in life at the moment. I hope you enjoy it.

Today I feel the need to write, I counted last night that I have written 20 poems this year, poetry that I am proud to own and at last have found the courage to share. Thank you to everyone for your encouraging words of support.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Beverly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely relate to the '8 hours of thoughts' experience, Bev. I guess one day we WILL find a way to directly link with our computers so the thoughts transfer automatically! :)

I'm thrilled that you have started sharing your amazing poetry. Congratulations.