Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writing a book

I have discovered that writing a book is very different to 'creating' or producing a book.  The writing part is easy - well sort of easy.  It takes dedication, determination and time. You have to dedicate time to write, each and every day.  I have done this for two years running in November and have 2 manuscripts - I won't call them books yet!

Now to produce the book - is another story.

Today there are many online possibilities - you can convert your blog to a book - I have done that. You can create a book of poetry - I have done that. But, when it comes to turning your manuscript of 50 000 words into a fully-fledged book, well I am not there yet!

At the moment I am working on another book of poetry and short stories, it is time consuming to take each poem, story and photo and convert it into the right format - to allow it to flow, to correct spelling and grammar mistakes and get the layout right.

Quite and interesting process.

This is all in the lead up to NaNoWriMo in November - my writing month. So wish me luck for both endeavours and who knows I might have a book and a manuscript by Christmas.

No comments: