Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Today we started the magic of Christmas.

Sarah, Elizabeth and I spent the most wonderful morning putting up the Christmas Tree. Last week we had a family discussion about how magical our house is now feeling since we de-cluttered and renovated and part of me was reluctant to put up the decorations, because the house usually feels very cluttered.

So we made a decision to aim for a more streamlined decorating style - not sure we achieved that; but we did assess every decoration. Instead of putting it up and out because we own it, we put things up that felt right and perfect and the result is just wonderful.

Here are some photos:

Our tree

Light up my life

Feeling Christmassy

Girls just wanna have fun

Of course the Nutcrackers are ready and waiting

And when Ivan came home from work he put the Angel on top

We have a few special decorations that we do together

And the Boys have theirs

So with the Blessings of our Christmas Angel and the Spirit of Christmas - I wish you all a Joyful and Blessed Christmas Season

1 comment:

darlin said...

Wow, look at you go! It all looks so lovely! I love your photos, the girls just wanna have fun is adorable.

I'm not even thinking of when my tree is going up this year, it's going to have to be after classes are done, but even then I'm still working on correspondence. I can't wait, it's getting so close to being done this leg of my journey!