Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Love

I have not been big on celebrating Valentine's Day for years. Maybe, because I have someone who I LOVE and who LOVES me 365 days of the year and often when the mood strikes, we show our LOVE with 'Valentin- type' things, such as cards or flowers or special notes.

But, yesterday I truly felt the LOVE of a Valentine's Day, as a special friend, sent me a gift of LOVE. It was something handmade and full of the LOVE we share as friends. I am blessed to experience and have such an amazing person in my life.

I am truly blessed and LOVED in that not only do I have my amazing husband, my three wonderful children, my parents and of course my friends. I also have a silly dog, who thinks that I am a god, when I feed her and when I arrive home her delight and LOVE always puts a smile on my face. I also live in a community that shows compassion and friendship and those things I see as a form of LOVE.

Maybe, Valentines day is not about sending an expensive card or an even more expensive bunch of Roses, but rather acknowledging the LOVE that we are given in life and the LOVE that we share with others.

I hope on February 14th this year, you receive a little or a lot of LOVE and that the feelings continue throughout the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the LOVE just springing out of your post today, Beverly.

Thank You. :)