Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Blogs

I have been surfing the Blogs today and found two wonderful new blogs. Amazingly, both are scrapbookers and one lovely lady is doing a 365 day project. It seems amazing that there are so many of us in the world that are documenting lives that we live on a daily basis.

I can sit here at my computer in Australia and connect with lives in the USA and in Canada and daily watch things happening in the lives of strangers, who through their blogs will become 'friends' even if they never know that I am getting to know them.

I love this amazing medium and often think that our current generation is going to be the 'Golden Age of memories'; of information about everyday life. The legacy that we leave behind, will be the daily little things, things that are missing from the major 'historical' text books of our time. The world will know us, by the things we share and talk about through our blogs.

Like my Blissings project the idea of 365 posts, that share what is happening in your life on a daily basis is wonderful.

1 comment:

darlin said...

Hello from Canada! I was just browsing your blog site after I spotted you following mine, it's absolutely amazing that you have returned to educate youself! Hats off to you!

I too am 45 years old and am a full time student. I returned to further my education in 2007, I wore my first cap and gown ever last year with graduating from my academic upgrading. Today I am in my first year of college, I am either going senile or losing my mind completely as I have chosen to study the field of Social Work! I am nearing my first year of studies, then I will do a two month practicum and I am hoping to have my summer free! I still would like to take three more years in this field, I would love to obtain a degree in this field! All truth be told, I love helping others, it makes my heart dance!

Now that I have introduced myself, I would love to hear from you! What are you studying? What is your field of interest? Please do share, I love to learn about other countries, nationalities and female to female, maybe we can share some of our struggles from time to time, if you would like!

In the interm, I hope that you enjoy my journal during this next year, I hope that you don't mind if I pop in from time to time on yours!

Have a great one and I hope to chat again one day here with you. Thank you for adding me to your blogs to watch!