Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Market day at uni

This is me with my UQ union bag and all the goodies we could wish for. Elizabeth suggested that we collect as many pens as possible. It was chaotic, loud, fun and amazing. So many enthusiastic young people in one place. Amazingly enough I fitted in, even meeting up with some of Elizabeth's old school friends who are also in second year. They were so excited for me that I was returning to my studies.
Elizabeth standing with our bags of goodies and our free cans of coke zero! We avoided the sugar hit, unlike most of the students who were on sugar highs from all the free lollies and drinks. A great day - thanks Elizabeth for being my guide, my amazing daughter and my friend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet you feel like a young lady all over again! :) Congratulations. Glad you have fun.
Now get down to some real work! LOL.

Beverly said...

Hello Brother,

Yes, I do feel young!
The hard work starts next week, am nervous and excited all at once.

darlin said...

How awesome for you Beverly, good for you to be going back to school, I can tell you from my personal experience that it's a whole lot of work, yet I break it down to one essay at a time. The future will look after itself, sometimes I have to stay right in the moment so that I don't allow myself to become overwhelmed.
It sure must feel good to be doing this, I know for me I'm extremely happy with my choice to further my education!
I'd wish you luck but I don't think that you'll be needing it, it's a matter of determination rather than luck that gets us through I do believe!
And have fun collecting those pens! :-)