Monday, February 9, 2009

Heat, fire and heartbreak!

Today my heart goes out to the hundreds of people who have lost so much during the past couple of days in Victoria. It has been very close to my heart as we so nearly bought property in the Kinglake region, when we stilled lived in Melbourne. Many times we looked at the beautiful properties up in Kinglake and considered how wonderful it would be to live in this amazing area.

Today as we face the news that so many people have lost their lives and so many properties have also been destroyed, I would like to commend the amazing bravery of the fire and rescue services. Stories of heartbreak abound and the devastation will change lives forever.

I send out my prayers and best wishes to all those affected and ask everyone to consider donating to the Bush fire appeals that have been set up to help those whose lives have been so damaged.

No comments: