Monday, February 23, 2009

What an amazing first day!

Today I went to Uni!

It was amazing, to just fit in. As a Mature-Age student (don't you love the words), I felt right at home with the younger and maybe not so younger students. I must admit to enjoying looking around at the different backpacks, shoulder bags, and no bags just a notebook in hand today. Also all the fashions, those that conformed and those that didn't. University is for expression as well as learning and today I loved it.

Orientation today gave me a great lecture on the use of the I.T. dept and for all those who know me, you will realise how much I needed this lecture. I must admit, I am impressed with what is on offer. Also quite excited to explore all that is available.

I also attended a lecture on the requirements of Academic writing, very helpful, in that I sat planning out my first essay in my head while listening to the advice.

Elizabeth was my amazing tour guide and helped me find where all my classes will be held next week. We had so much fun hanging out together. How many Moms get to share an experience like this with their amazing 19 year old daughters? Well I do!

Tomorrow is a day of Mom duties with Matt's visit to the orthodontist, but Wednesday it is Market day and a few more lectures. How exciting!

No comments: