Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
My beautiful husband gave me this wonderful card and the final season of our favourite comedy series 'The Vicar of Dibley!' He surprised me as we have seldom celebrated Valentine's Day over the past 20 years, deciding that the commercial hype took away the meaning for us both and yet, my heart swelled with love when I read his words and opened my gift. Maybe the meaning of Valentine's Day is the LOVE that inspires us to spend money on all the commercial hype.
My favourite colour and today on Valentine's day I have the joy of wearing a new purple top and feeling happy and colourful. My lovely Sarah took this photo of me, saying : "Mom you look spectacular" How is that for a wonderful comment from your daughter.
So whatever colour you love, red for Valentine's day or purple for Love, I wish you LOVE, JOY AND HAPPINESS this February 14th.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bev for the lateness of this comment, just catching up on Blog news now.

Love the Colour Purple also & it looks very stunning on you.

Good Luck with your Uni Course this year - I'm sure you'll fit right in.