Friday, February 27, 2009

An Apple a Day keeps the Doctor away!

This morning Elizabeth was so excited! She found an apple with a leaf on it. Now for all us who get our apples from supermarkets nowadays, we know that apples have to be a perfect round shape, colour, shine and with no silly things like leaves. She said it felt like a real apple! The new batch of Royal Gala apples in our supermarket have been just delicious and this one was no exception. Elizabeth's joy made me rush for my camera.

Now for the rest of the story!

I know the saying goes 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away' - well I just wish that Matthew ate more apples!

He came home from school today to tell me that he fell over a railing and landed really hard on his wrist and that it was very sore. Matthew has the highest pain threshold of anyone I have ever met, so when he says it is sore, then it is!

I felt around the area, with him flinching and he said that he could feel a grinding sort of sound when he moves it - Oh No! Of course by now it is 4.30pm and a phone call to the Dr resulted in an appointment for tomorrow morning at the earliest and instructions to strap it up over night.

With lots of experience in this sort of thing (he has broken his wrist 2 years ago and his thumb last year) I got out the wooden spoon and bandage and strapped it up.

The problem is he was supposed to be playing cricket tomorrow afternoon and without him the team is one man short and will have to forfeit. Also tomorrow I am heading off at 7am with Sarah for her Softball game, so Daddy is going to have to do the Dr and x-ray visit and then back to the Dr hopefully if it is not broken getting Matthew to cricket by 1pm.

Oh well joy of being parents I guess!

No comments: