Monday, February 9, 2009

Meditation and Soul Journeys

The past 12 months have seen my life take a new and wonderful path as I have embraced a 'New Age' approach in my reading and thoughts. I have been reading lots of inspiring books and when considering the courses that I wanted to study at University I became fascinated with courses on 'New Age' Religions. So it was with some excitement that I signed up to study Meditation and Soul Journeys.

Today I have had the joy of doing the 'reading' for my first lecture and I realise that I am on track!

One of my serious beliefs in life has always been that we exist primarily in our thoughts! If we were not here then our life would not exist, therefore, how we think about something is how we can create it. Not the conventional thought that we have to experience the life that is created for us. (Hopefully this makes sense?)

My reading was on a journal article written by Daniel A. Helminiak and deals with the psychology of Meditation. One of his paragraphs states:

One realises that much of what one called "reality" is merely thought, that one lives for the most part in a system of concepts and constructs inherited from one's culture, and that thought is but an attempted ordering of a more basic perceptual data. One can live life creatively.

These sentences alone are so exciting to me. I cannot wait for my courses to start in early March, I know that I am going to learn and grow. To find the 'authentic' me.

I hope you all enjoy the journey with me as I find out so many different and new exciting lessons about life.

No comments: