Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I will go back!

On January 15th, 2009 Ivan and I took the children down to the beach for a swim and to use their new boogie boards. It was a very hot day and after a few hours of fun in the sun, we decided to walk to our 'regular' cafe for some lunch. Much to our disappointment, it had been taken over by an upmarket cafe called Lolas!

We were all very thirsty however, so decided to have a drink and on sitting down looked at the menu and although a bit pricier than our previous haunt did not seem too bad. We ordered Spaghetti Bolognaise for Ivan and Sarah to share, Pizza for Elizabeth and I and a bowl of chips for Matthew! The food arrived and it was really good. A few cold drinks later, we got the bill, which I checked (sort of - I had no reading glasses). All items appeared correct, and I signed the credit card slip.

Walking away I thought, I don't want to spoil the day out by moaning about costs, but that was so expensive, the lunch bill was $108.50. So I didn't say anything, until later to Ivan, we agreed that it was ridiculous.

Now for the best bit!

Yesterday I was checking the credit card statement and came across the bill again, this time with my glasses on and went through each item and there on item 3 was a bowl of chips for $45.00!!!!!

Well you can imagine my shock! I showed Elizabeth and we both said it was obviously a mistake, but I thought I would not have a hope as I had signed the credit card bill. Anyway I decided to phone the restaurant and spoke to the manager, a lovely man named Matthew! I explained the situation and he was immediately so apologetic. I explained that I had not checked the bill as I had not had my glasses on and he reassured me that they should also have checked the bill.

He said to please pop in and he would give me my money back. When I said that I did not live locally, he said that he was meeting his accountants in an hour or so and would let me know what he could do. I later received the loveliest call to say that they would pay the $45.00 back into my account.

Not only am I going to get back the $45 but the entire conversation was an extremely uplifting and pleasant conversation. Matthew even had the wonderful sense of humour to enquire whether we had enjoyed the bowl of chips!

So through a little charm, sincere service and a genuine regard for their customers, I give LOLAS at Broadbeach my highest recommendation, because the food, service and atmosphere had been good, and my dealings with the management of the restaurant was amazing.

Well Done to Lolas!

No comments: