Friday, February 13, 2009

Rain

During the night I kept waking to the sound of rain. Now we have a colour bond roof, so the sound of rain is always much louder, but last night it was so very welcome. The garden was once more beginning to need some water and knowing that it was raining on and off all night was lovely.

This morning the rain gauge registered 13mm and it is still going. What a blessing! I only wish we could blow these clouds down to Victoria to relieve their heat and fires.

Of course, today was also Sarah's swimming carnival, which I am sure will now be cancelled! She will be celebrating. I will get her to take her togs along, just in case, but I don't think they will be able to hold it in all the rain.

Amazing how beautiful the world looks and smells when the earth has been washed and cleaned with rain. So today my Blissing is rain.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I hope it is okay if I follow your blog, and have quite a few blogger ladies in Australia. Are you close to where the fires were ? I have been praying for your country.
We have had rain the last 2 days and it does smell nice. I live in the USA in the state of Arkansas.
Have a good day.

Beverly said...

Leslie, welcome and I would be honoured if you followed by Blog.
Luckily I am nowhere near the fires, but do have lots of friends in Victoria who live near. Thank goodness no-one I know has been personally affected, but like you we are all praying for everyone.