Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today is my Birthday!

I am 45 today!

I am so blessed and lucky to be celebrating my 45th birthday in good health and wonderful spirit. I am alive and healthy, I have the love of my family and the joy and blessings of amazing friends.

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful wishes, for the gifts and just for encouraging me to be happy and fulfilled.

A couple of years ago, I faced birthdays with trepidation in the fear of growing old and 'unattractive' and yet, today I feel amazing. I have learnt to love and honour ME! I have realised that I do know what I am doing and I have so much still left to do. I am going to grow younger in spirit each and everyday and never age in attitude. This alone has given me the gift of acceptance and self-delight.

My 45th year is like my first step into adulthood once more. I am embarking on a new journey; one of self-discovery through learning, new experiences and challenges and I am excited and ready.

No comments: