Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another day!

Today the tiredness set in - I woke to rain and thought about staying in bed. I have however made a commitment to a friend to participate in a personal training session each Tuesday - I didn't want to go.

I was lucky in that the weather eased for a few hours and we managed to have our group on the patio - there were 8 of us, including Elizabeth and me. I like this idea - we do a mixture of boxing and exercises. We have been concentrating on improving our stomach muscles.  Well, what muscles are those?  I lost mine about 21 years ago when Elizabeth was born. So when the trainer talks about pulling in the transverse of the oblique, I just laugh - I don't think I have those.

So at the end of week 2 - I am still doing well. I manage to keep up with the class (most of the ladies are a good 10 years younger than me & much fitter), so I hope it helps.

No photo I am afraid - maybe in a few weeks, when I begin to look good again - I will let Elizabeth take a photo of me in my workout clothes.

1 comment:

darlin said...

I hear you about losing the... what are they called again? LOL

That's fantastic you're incorporating exercise into your schedule and what a fun way to do it!

Have fun in all you do... or don't do it is my philosophy in life. ;-)