Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bitterness and gallstones

Louise L. Hay suggests that Gallstones are caused by: 'Bitterness, hard thoughts, condemnation and pride.'  Her affirmation is " There is joyous release of the past. Life is sweet and so am I."

The reason for the above is that on Sunday night/Monday morning 1am - Ivan rushed me into the emergency room at our local hospital in severe pain.  It was on the right side of my chest (thank goodness not the left) and just under the ribs.  I had been up for a couple of hours, attempting all remedies, including a warm wheat bag, an antacid etc. To no avail.

A couple of hours later, with pain injections, anti-inflammatories and blood tests, I was released with instructions to have an ultrasound, first thing Monday morning.  Results - I have gallstones (floating ones as well); which apparently is the reason the pain is intermittent.  Oh well - today I am off to the doctor for a treatment plan.

First thing I do know is that I need to lose weight and change my diet - I guess I haven't listened to the whispers, so God decided I needed a slap around the head or in this case a punch in the chest.  I got the message. I will look after my temple (body) a little better. 

So to finish, I add - Life is sweet and so am I. (No more anger and bitterness)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hang in there, once the gall bladder is out you won't have to worry about that kind of pain anymore, and boy oh boy it is some pain and a half. We will all look after you, just make sure you get your alterations finished before then !!!!! - Just joking, am sure the kids can manage without painted walls and no carpets, especially as it is so warm at the moment. !!!!