Saturday, June 11, 2011

Almost complete - one room down, two to go!

This is how we started
 It took a while to get the room emptied and vacumed; then we started laying the underlay and boards.
The first line of boards on the underlay

I soon discovered a rhythm of tapping the boards together

 Nearly done,  the room is beginning to look good.
Elizabeth and I figured how it all went together.

Matthew was confined to bed with Bronchitis

Except for a quick look at the end. I think his face says it all.

The boy and the working team
Dad was amazing as always - he walked up and down to his workshop to cut off the ends and shorten boards as needed. Elizabeth and I figured out the best way to lay the boards in rows of two at a time.

Tomorrow, we have the final row to lay, this is the most difficult as it has to fit against the side wall and the door. Too tired today, so we will tackle it tomorrow.

1 comment:

darlin said...

WOW! What a fantastic job done by an amazing team! The room is looking wonderful ~ I can see that Matthew is a happy with is room which makes the work worthwhile. Enjoy your day and I hope that last row doesn't cause you grief. I'm sure you're Dad will know exactly what to do if it does! :-)