Saturday, June 30, 2012

Decisions and heartache

Since the puppies have arrived it has been quite exhausting and a trial.  Finding out that Crystal was deaf and then having a week of rain - has really hampered our training and settling in schedule.  The puppies turned from a joyous event into a nightmare and for the past few days we have been contemplating selling/donating them - anything in fact to having them out of the house.

Lots of tears, discussions, research, phone-calls etc have led us to change our minds a number of times. 

The sunshine of yesterday and today have certainly helped highlight the idea of keeping them and a talk to a local pet shop owner about purchasing Lucy (who can hear) made me realise that I don't want to get rid of them.

I know I am in for hell for the next three to six months.  It is going to be a challenge.  We can train Crystal - hard work and lots of effort, but she is already proving that she is trainable.  Both are totally loving, so decision made.

Lucy and Crystal are part of the family - for better or for worse.


Mom said...

And I would say "till death do us part", they are so cute, we had a great few hours with them, Crystal as far as we are concerned can certainly hear some sounds, they are so cute and adorable and were no problem to have, keep up your spirits, I know it is going to be a hard road, but as you say sometimes we make mistakes, but in the end we have to do the best we can, hang in there, we will do what we can to help. Love Mom & Dad

darlin said...

A tough decision to make Beverly, the good thing is you've done your research, weighed out the pros and cons and have committed to looking after these adorable puppies. I don't know if I have the patience you do, I'm too used to packing up and going when and where I choose, sometimes I take Abbie with me, and sometimes she stays home.

All the best to you, I'm sure you're not going to regret this!