Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Mii spent a day on the Wii


I am sure that most of the world has at least heard about the Wii game system. Well Sarah got this for her Christmas gift this year and the children then all clubbed together to buy the Wii fit exercise system and game. I measured up and created a character about 16 days ago, but have never really had a chance to play. Yesterday however, I go hooked. I had a day of achieving nothing else. I ended up doing 1 hour and 31 minutes of exercise on the 'stupid, fun, exciting and enjoyable' game. I spent most of the day with the children as we did 'stepping, boxing, skiing, hula hoops' and lots, lots more. I even held the record for a very short while in the hula hoops. It was almost 4pm, before I finally got to my Uni work, but boy did I have some serious fun. What a special day! Thanks Matthew and Sarah.
What started it all was that Matthew, created a Mii (Character) for Granny and Grandad and Grandad had a go on some of the games. He loved the downhill skiing and the ski jump, doing really well, even setting a record.

It was so funny watching him play and you can see the grin on Matthew's face. The concentration on Dad's face was so funny. His hands were gripped holding his ski poles as he weaved his way through the slalom course. Then of course he decided to try the jogging. About 20 seconds into the course, he grabbed his calf muscle and yelped. Yes, he had pulled a muscle.
Mom had a turn as well, but with her sore feet (heel spurs) she could not do it for long. I think though that she had a great time.
What an amazing day. I must admit I now know how the children become so hooked that nothing else gets done. Not a good idea - I think the solution is a time limit or maybe just a day every now and then to have fun and be a Mii!












2 comments:

Michelle said...

What JOY! You sound so enthusiastic, Beverly, that I am almost inspired to purchase a Wii!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Weeeeeeeeee! Oops, I mean Wii!
LOL. *jealous* needless to say.