Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday morning

Ivan has offered Elizabeth a lift to Uni for the last two mornings. This has a two-fold benefit for her, firstly it means she saves the train fare and also does not have to use her car to drive to the station. Daddy gets her company and all is well.

Except - yesterday morning Ivan slept in 'just a little' and so did Elizabeth! She dived out of bed at 6.50am and was ready to leave at 7am (designated departure time) in a flat spin, while Ivan only got up at 7am. So last night the conversation :-

Elizabeth: "Dad what time do you want to leave tomorrow?"
Ivan: "7.30am, no I think 7am, I was a little late this morning."
Elizabeth: "Ok Dad."

This morning I let the dog out at 6am and went back to bed, went sound and woke up again at - yes you guessed it 7am. I woke Ivan and got up, to find Elizabeth fully dressed, sitting playing on the computer - waiting!!!!

She had been up for almost an hour, so that they could leave at 7am. It was so funny, all she kept saying was "Next time I will catch the bloody train, then I can sleep in for another hour"

It has made my morning.

1 comment:

mom said...

This has made my moring as well, I can so hear Elizabeth giving her Dad hell. She is a stickler for time which is so good. I had the opposite to that lot. I went to sleep at 10.10pm, woke at 12.05, tried to back to sleep, got up, tried again, tried again tried again and eventually at 4.25 went off to sleep only to wake up at 5.50am, so hope all is well at that end of the world.