Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday morning

I have a morning routine - even when we are on holidays!

I usually get up and on my way past my computer I turn it on. I then head into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of orange juice (none in the house today) and then open curtains, let out the dog (if Ivan hasn't already done it). By the time I have done these couple of things, my computer has hummed to life and I open my emails. The days that no-one has emailed me are always a little sadder. I normally write to Michelle and answer other emails when they appear.

Then it is time to log onto Vesta. I used to just go straight in, but now I always check my blogs that I am following and have a lovely chortle at the posts that have come in. It is always such a joy to share news and thoughts from around the world.

If I have managed to get a photo I try and post it and write a little.

Of course some days I am just too slack or too busy and I don't get round to Vesta, but I must admit that I love reading everyone's.

What a great way to start the day.

Now today I also have loads of washing to do, tidying up from our day out yesterday, shopping - a serious shortage of basic essentials (chocolate and toothpaste being high on the list) and some cleaning.

Oh yes, I also have an essay to write. It is due on April 30th and I am back next week, so should get my A into G.

We do have beautiful sunshine today, so if it dries out, also need to mow the lawn, hmmm - that is what 15 year old son's can do?

That is my day, had better get to the shower and get going - no orange juice for me this morning, so day is ruined! Had better get out to the shops for sure.

1 comment:

darlin said...

So don't you just love days off? I too had a day off today... man am I wiped! It's exhausting keeping up to my days off! A trip to meet the man I will be doing my practicum with, home to change, off to school, drive a friend to her practium placement, back to the school until 8pm, home to contend with a message from the principle (I know this can't be good) and call him back to deal with an issue with my niece, answer emails, send out required emails concerning information required by practicum placement, a quick snack, back to my computer to do yet more research, post my photo of the day and now at 1am I finally get to my blog... I can relate to days off! :-) How about stashing a can of frozen OJ in your freezer for emergiencies such as this mornings? lol