Friday, April 3, 2009

A busy, busy week!

It is Friday and I have hardly been on Vesta 'again' this week, yes I am sorry.

We have had a very strange week. Ivan has had a business dinner every single night and I have had Matthew and Sarah off school, unwell all week. Today is the last day of term, so with rainy, inclement weather, I am keeping them home again today.

Yesterday Brisbane copped a hammering with rain, we were lucky only getting around 75mm, but some places got over 400mm in less than 24 hours. Of course that meant flooding and chaos. I had driven into University and luckily had an umbrella with me, as the library was filled with damp, steaming students who had forgotten theirs. Even those who had umbrellas all were sporting their fashion statements of jeans/pants that were wet from ankles to knees. It is amazing how an extreme change in the weather like that, just causes chaos.

I have however, had a really good week. I received my first Creative Writing piece back, and received 4.5 out of 5 for it. She liked the characterisation, but felt that the 'trick' at the end was unnecessary. At first I disagreed as that was the focus when I wrote it, but on reflection I agree, in that it was a characterisation piece. The best part is that I am thrilled with the mark.

I now have an essay due on Wednesday - have the first draft ready. Working on that today! I also have another essay due on April 30th, so am beginning some research on that one.

My hobbies are copping a hammering with all my Uni and Mom work, but I am happy and loving life, so no complaints.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You sound tired, but content, Beverly. Well Done on surviving a busy week!

Unknown said...

Congrats on a great mark. Keep up the good work!

darlin said...

You go girl! I hear you about the essays yet I find that I get a real joy in completing the ones where I have a passion for the topic. I do very well on those essays, the one that I emailed to my instructor last night at 3:30am I don't even want back! lol

Good for you a 4.5, very well done! One essay at a time, one day or moment at a time, we shall get to where it is we are destined to be, how cool is that!

I hope you have a great weekend, try to get some rest, although I know that is easier said than done, but make and take time for you, I highly recommend it and that's what I'm doing tonight. tty soon Beverly.