Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My first Uni essay back!

Today I got my very first major University assignment back! It was a conversation between a Buddhist monk and a Christian Contemplative practitioner. I wrote about 11 drafts and had a lot of input and suggestions from family and friends. Some of the advice I took and some I ignored, but appreciated it all.

I must admit I was very pleased with the end result, but of course not knowing what to expect I was extremely anxious to get my results.

Firstly the Qld university system marks things on a 1 - 7 basis.
Grade 1-3 Fail
Grade 4 Pass
Grade 5 Credit
Grade 6 Distinction
Grade 7 High Distinction.

Wait for it!


I got a 7+!!!!!!!!

My lecturer wrote: 'Beverly, An excellent paper. It is filled with important insights.' 18/20.

Can you believe it??????

I was shaking with excitement and the wonderful thing was all my 'new' university friends were celebrating with me.

I then spent the next 3 hours starting on the next essay which is due on June 5th, but the buzz of excitement got me going.

I love Uni!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Well done Beverly. I am so pleased for you. :)
You promised I would get to see the final version at some point. Hopefully that will happen now? ;)
Of course now you've set the standard for the rest of your work - good luck with that!
No but seriously, you must be absolutely thrilled and deservedly so. Well done and keep it up.

Beverly said...

Thanks Ian, Yes I have sort of set myself up for a lot of hard work - haven't I?
Final version on the way via email.
Love and hugs
Beverly

darlin said...

You go girl! Congrats! I know the feeling of rather huge marks and I felt the same way when my English final was 100% last semester... I thought now what did I do? I was worried that I wouldn't be able to live up to that mark this semester, well I was right, but I'm sure not far behind that mark and does it ever feel good!!

Would you pleae, pretty please send me a copy of your essay as well? I'd love to read it!

Also wonderful photo of your precious children, that is so fantastic to see that they are taking family photos there, someone should really suggest this here as well. I think that for low income families here, there are an alarming number, that this would be such a cost saving measure as well as a wonderful keepsake for the families!

All the best to you with your writing Beverly, you will go far with your writing talents!