Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lots and lots and lots of April rain

The Boys out in the rain.
After a very wet weekend, Easter Monday saw our heaviest falls with over 80mm. Last year in April we had just 17mm and this year to date we have had over 200mm.

Although most of our garden handles the water really well, the front is an exception and continually floods. Our winter chore this year is to lift the front path pavers and dig a drainage channel to allow the water to escape. Luckily today Tuesday has been a dry day and the water has slowly drained away.

The funniest part of this photo is all the water and a dead pot plant!!! My lavender just died, I think it just got pot bound and wasn't in the right position. So I now need some lovely winter flowers for the front.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my, Beverly! I think you could have a fish pond out front - don't worry about the plant for the lavender pot. You can have water lillies instead!

It's just started raining here so hopefully that's your rain moving south!

darlin said...

That is unreal Beverly, and here I wasn't happy with the bit of snow we received here. This sure puts things into perspective for me. I guess every once in a while I need a reminder of what I have to be grateful for, thank you for this reminder today!

I'm approaching the end of my first year in classes and then I'm off to my practicum. Here I was almost getting anxiety with all of the work ahead of me over this next week, three final exams, three essays and tons of assignments... all in one week and two days. Now I see how I can be grateful for being able to attend school, to have all of this on my plate so to speak... I feel like I can breathe again. Thanks!

Hope you all the best there with your issue with all the water, I'm sure that you will sort it all out and things will be as pretty as ever! Have a great day/evening and I shall tty again!