Saturday, April 4, 2009

Inspiration!

I started my Blog about 6 months ago after being inspired by my dear friend Michelle http://joyexpress.com.au/ and each and everyday I would try and write a little something. At first I was so excited to have an occasional comment from friends and family and it inspired me to write a little more. I have neglected Vesta a little over the last few weeks, but thought I would share some inspiration that I have found.

This year I started following some amazing and inspirational Blogs and have really found that these has inspired me to work just a little harder at mine. The one that has really struck a chord has been a 365 day project by a lovely lady called Darlene. She lives in Canada and despite a really hectic lifestyle manages to take a photo everyday of her life and blog. Wow!

http://darleneslifeforayear.blogspot.com/

Darlene has even take the time to comment and inspire me, encourage my studies and I love reading her comments. So thank you Darlene. Just meeting new people over cyberspace is an amazing experience and life is now so different. To think that in my parent's generation, letters took weeks to travel overseas and talking to friends on the phone would have been unheard of, yet now I can share a life with a stranger who becomes a friend, all because of a computer, the Internet and a Blog!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love to read your blogs, I learn so much about you and your day and your family, and guess what I am not at the other end of the world but just down the garden, I am very lucky, so keep up the blog work, when I log on in a morning and there is nothing, I feel lost.

darlin said...

I am so touched Beverly, thank you! I was just in your site looking at your proud smile, the first academic essay! Good for you, I keep saying one essay at a time I will get to where it is I want to be. You too are well on your way my friend!
Do you use the APA formatting? If you do let me know and I'll send you a link to a site that I stumbled upon, it sure saves me time and energy of looking up every single citation, how to cite properly, and it formats my whole paper for me. This way I can focus on my writing, not the formatting of my papers, AND the bonus is that the references are all laid out, in alphabetical order PLUS I get comments such as "Excellent useage of APA format" or "Fantastic formatting!" LOL sounds like I'm selling this program, I'm not but anybody I know who is a student I tell about this program, it's fantastic.. or did I say that already? lol

You have a great day, I'm so excited here, I'm going to work on my fourth last essay right now! My final class of the year is on the 24th, a glorious week off, then I will be starting my two month practicum! Yipeeee!