Friday, March 13, 2009

Sarah is Home!


Welcome home young lady!
It is so wonderful to have our youngest back home with us. The words that I would usually use, like "My baby is home" or our "little one" just don't seem appropriate this time.
Sarah has had an amazing week, she got off the bus looking tired, but so confident and happy. She said she had slept well, ate really well and had "A Great Camp!" I am so pleased, relieved, excited and proud of her.
This year has seen Sarah grow from really being the baby in our family to a confident, mature and self-assured young woman.
Her first request was for a hot bath and junk food, the photo is of her standing at the fridge, after her warm bath.
This week, she did archery, a flying-fox, mini-Olympics, a balance competition and lots more. She even commented that one of her friends was terrible with crying and homesickness! She dealt with a smelly pond, a frog on her leg, bug bites and everything and came home smiling and happy.
The only sign that she had really missed us, were her first words: "Mama, mama, I missed you!" Sarah only ever uses this special word, when she is really emotional, usually I am just Mom, or maybe Mommy.
Welcome home sweetheart, we love you and missed you so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara! Watch out for the bunyips.

Personal announcement!

My Art:

http://screenfonds.blogspot.com/

My Poetry:

http://singleswingle.blogspot.com/

My Philosophy:

http://winmir.blogspot.com/

- Peter Ingestad, Sweden

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Sarah! I'm so glad you had a fabulous time at camp!

Love to you,
Michelle