Thursday, March 12, 2009

A sad farewell!



My trusty old hp deskjet 940C --------------- My new purchase!

Tuesday afternoon, my 8 year old printer, finally gave up the ghost and died. It has been playing up for weeks now, scrunching up pieces of paper and finally on Tuesday a struggle ensued between us both and after eating both my piece of paper and my fingernail, it won! It then shut down and died and won't even turn on!
Yesterday I popped into our local Harvey Norman to have a quick look around and the 'salesman' tried to sell me a $169 'special!' All I want is something that will print my uni notes and the occasional colour picture for the kids. Today I went into Office Works and the lovely lady suggested I buy this great HP for just $47. Quite a difference. She listened to my needs and sold me just what I wanted. I guess even if it dies sooner than the previous one, I will get my $47 worth of work out of it.
Now I need to figure out how to disentangle the previous baby from the computer and install the new one. I think a job for tomorrow!
My brain is a little tired after another great day at Uni, although I did discover after reading 47 pages of a 59 page reading that it was only the 'recommended reading' and not the 'required!' It was fascinating, but exhausting trying to finish a huge document like this before lectures. Oh well, now I am a little more enlightened about the origins of Christianity! In fact it was so interesting I might even print the 59 pages....
I also had the courage and conviction today to invite two more people to join our study group, they are really nice and seemed quite happy to join us. I think I am beginning to belong. Oh yes, and I also had someone from my other religion lecture ask me for help. Me! How exciting, I must have looked as though I knew what I was doing, so I got to meet Ben from my Meditation lecture. I now know: Matt, Hannah, Scott, Scott, Damia, Megan, Mandy and Ben - A huge new group of people that I have met in two weeks.

1 comment:

darlin said...

It sure is a lot of work going back, I can relate to the feeling! I also have recently installed a new printer, after two years of non stop essays my old one too collapsed. I don't even know how to entirely work this new one, it's got a scanner which will scan right to email, a fax which works internally, there's no phone with it, it copies and it prints. All of this for about $90, it's the ink that's so bloody expensive!

It sounds like you have settled in nicely, good for you Beverly! Oh what a feeling, isn't it? :-)