Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On the 'whatever' day of Christmas . . .

we went to the Ballet.

This has been a strange and wonderful week.

First of all Sunday I took the two girls to the youth ballet to see 'The Nutcracker' - just beautiful.

Then yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the city getting my root canal finished - at 2pm i didn't think I would make it to the ballet, but a couple of hours sleep meant that I felt better and I love drugs - just Nurofen but it sure helped.

Here are a couple of photos of us all dressed up to head to see 'Swan Lake'

Sarah, Elizabeth, Beverly, Dorothy & Brian all dressed up

The Girls

And a photo with Ivan, who didn't come to the ballet, but had his photo with his girls
Now in keeping with this strange week, we received the programme at the ballet, and discovered that it wasn't 'Swan Lake' well not as we know it.  It was the story of a Russian ballet dancer in the time of the last Csar of Russia. She falls in love with Nicholas and it is based on their story. It did have scenes of Swan Lake in it; but I was furious - everyone had come along to see Swan Lake. Nothing in the advertising had hinted that it was anything but the traditional Swan Lake.

Well - I am so glad and blessed that we didn't know that it was an adaptation, otherwise we would have missed this amazing ballet performed by the Queensland Ballet. What a FANTASTIC evening of dance and theatre. The performances were outstanding, especially the dancer who performed the role of Rasputin.  What an evening of pure bliss.

So on this 'whatever day of Christmas' my True Love gave to be . . . an amazing evening at the ballet.

And a tooth that's healing really well.

2 comments:

Mom said...

It sure was a wonderful evening, agree with all your comments re the dancing, music and I would like to add that I thought the "Sets" were outstanding. All in all a very special evening for Dad and I.
So glad your tooth is much better.

darlin said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your evening out, you all look so fantastic! I'm still having problems grasping the concept of summer dresses in December! I've been out looking for new clothes to bring on my trip and wouldn't you know it, there's only winter wear in our stores. I'll wait until I arrive in Adelaide and take in an afternoon or two of shopping.

That's awesome your tooth is now fixed, bring on the Christmas dinner! :-)

Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best to you and your beautiful family in the New Year... I totally can't wait to actually meet you!


Dorothy, wishing you a very Merry Christmas as well!