Monday, March 1, 2010

Now it starts!

Uni begins for the year tomorrow. I am quite excited about the beginning of lectures. My first course tomorrow is Australian literature and one novel and two short stories into it, I am quite enjoying the selection.

Wednesday is going to be the big test for me as it is the Writing fundamentals course - the one I am least looking forward to.

Thursday is Gothic literature and there is a lot of reading for this course, luckily I have read most of the novels and Elizabeth did the course two years ago, so will be my sounding board.

Tonight, Matthew has been a gem, sitting doggedly helping Sarah with her Math homework. Now Sarah doesn't enjoy Math at the best of times (it is Matthew's favourite subject other than IT) but his patience with his frustrated and annoyed sister has been wonderful.

He also gave me his English assignment to edit/proof-read and I was so thrilled with the quality of the document. His language was advanced and eloquent. Very well written. Given the previous years of struggle I have had with him in this area, it is wonderful to see his maturity kicking in. Well done Matthew!

Elizabeth had her first day of uni today. It was a long day from 10am until 4.30pm and she has decided that Ivan may no longer travel on Mondays; that way she can get a lift into and out of uni with her Dad.

Tonight we are facing potentially heavy rain (again - of course Ivan is away) and I managed to worry Mom and Dad with my frustrations of coping with things on my own. Sometimes it just gets to me. It is however, nice to know they are always here for me. Of course I also have two and a half grown up children to help, so it is really not too serious. Anyway lets hope that all is well.

That is me for the evening, signing off to watch some TV, to read and get some rest before my big day. Oh yes, I also fitted in a visit to the gym today. 30 mins on the treadmill - 150 calories and 5 mins on the rowing machine - 50 calories. Then I enjoyed 10 mins in the sauna - maybe no calories but very relaxing.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Wow, such a busy busy girl, including gym, well done. I am sure you are going to have a great time a Uni again this year, just take it one day at a time. Well done Matthew both with helping Sarah and also your own work. Tell Elizabeth that's what Dad's are for. !!!!
Hang in there with the rain, you did a good job with clearing the ditch early this morning, you did look rather like a drowned rat I have to say, if I had not been so tired myself I should have got out the camera.