Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Review

I picked up the children today and straight after school we went to see Alice in 3D. I had heard quite a bit of negative reviews, so wasn't sure I even wanted to see it - although I don't usually worry about reviews. The children were however, very keen so we decided to give it a go.

At first I didn't enjoy it, but at one stage realised that I was enjoying it. I am not however, convinced that the 3D added anything to it, unlike Avatar. So would just see it in regular format.

For me it was a typical Tim Burton movie, one that I wasn't sure that I enjoyed at the time, but one I am sure I will watch over and over again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. The sad fact is that Alice wasn't actually filmed in 3D but converted to 3D after the fact. I'm sure that makes a difference to the whole immerserviness (sic) of it?

Anyway, we're definitely off to see it on the 15th March (need babysitters you know!) and I'm really looking forward to it.

How was Johnny Depp's performance - something I've really been looking forward to?

Thanks for the update.

Beverly said...

Johnny Depp was excellent as always! Alan Rickman uses his voice talents and I love him, so that was great.
The more I think about the movie, I guess the more I did enjoy it.

Yes, it is not suitable for children. Hope you enjoy it!