Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Creator's Guild

An extract from my Novel that I am writing in November. My target is 1666 words per day and today November 1st I have written 3166, so am ahead of schedule. It is written with young people in mind and is the story of a special young girl 'Sarah' who has a gift. A gift that she doesn't know she has. I hope you enjoy this little taste . . .


Sarah sat stunned as another Selector stood up and selected another group; she thought she heard she was from the Artist’s guild and then a couple more for the Developer’s guild. She didn’t even notice that she was the last person in the room. Her hair covered her face and she stared at her desk. A light tap on her shoulder made her jump and she looked up into the greenest eyes she had ever seen; green serious eyes that appeared to be able to read her thoughts. She looked away quickly and only then noticed that she was the only person still left in the room. Looking back she tried to speak and shut her mouth on her words as the Selector began: “Sarah, you are special. Sarah you are different and until now this has been your curse, now it will be your gift. We have left you alone to suffer, we have left you alone to grow and learn. Through your life and experiences you have learnt empathy, you have learnt fear and compassion, all these things are necessary for what you will become. We have been watching you for some years now and all of us agree; that you are the only one of your class that is worthy of selection into the Creator’s guild. In fact you are the only one who has been selected over the last four years.”

4 comments:

darlin said...

Wow, that's a lot of writing for one day and good story as well! I love when I can write freely and don't have to cite this and that for yet another research paper. So you wrote approximately 14 pages in one day! That is mighty impressive.

Beverly said...

Thanks Darlene, Yes I thought I would get ahead of schedule while I was on a role, only 46834 words to go! LOL!

darlin said...

50,000 words, my goodness~ you're writing a book! I sure wouldn't want to be the prof who marks all of them! lol You will do fantastic. One page at a time!

Here I thought my 45 pages was a lot, now it seems tiny compared to your 50,000!

Cheers and happy writing!

Michelle said...

So, how doe I get a copy of the WHOLE THING, Beverly? As always, your writing is FANTASTIC and I would love to read it all! Please??????