Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am crazy!

I have just finished my last lecture today and celebrated by signing up to write a 50 000 word novel in the month of November. This is my busiest month of the year. I have an English exam; more children's presentation nights to attend than I can even think of; my husband and mom's birthday; my brother coming out for a week's holiday and Christmas to prepare for and I have just signed up to NaNoWriMo a group of crazy people who for the month of November attempt to write a 50 000 word novel.

That is just 1666.66666 words per day. I am asking everyone to help encourage me. Keep me going and who knows what I will produce at the end of the month. The idea is to just write, no editing, just as many words per day as possible. What is the result. No prize, except a certificate of completion and the amazing success of having written a novel.

One of my uni friends suggested I give it a go and guess what I am going to do it. So call me crazy, inspired or whatever, but from November 1st, I am a novelist.

I will keep you all updated. I don't even have a clue what I am going to write about yet, but I have 2 days to think of something. So any ideas would be most appreciated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds flippen awesome. I went to their web and checked it out. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun and we will certainly encourage you along. Like the say on NaNoWriMo, you don't have to have a reason to do this - so just have fun! Really looking forward to the result! Go for it Bev. No backing out now! :) LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, by the way...pace yourself.

If you write for four hours a day every day (which is quite a lot actually :D) then you need to be churning out 416.66 words per hour. Ouch!

*cough* Good Luck!
I'm glad I'm only going to be there a week, because I have the feeling this is going to be harder than giving birth and you're going to get quite grumpy! Watch out kids!

Beverly said...

Thanks brother dear for pointing out the number of words I am going to have to write an hour - Yikes!

I woke this morning thinking I am crazy. But, this is something I want to have a go at, so wish me luck.

Michelle said...

Hello, my "Crazy, Inspired, Whatever" friend! I LOVE this idea. And, I am really glad that I didn't have the offer extended to me! LOL. I KNOW you can do this ... I trust you have discovered a topic already and that you're practising your hand exercises for typing or writing. Loved Ian's summation of how many hours/words you need to do each day - LOL.
Do keep us posted ... if you have the energy!