Friday, October 16, 2009

We have all the bases covered.

I have the most amazing and talented family. I am proud of each and everyone of them, just for themselves for the lovely children that they are. I am proud of their sense of honesty, decency, love of others and the pride that they take in themselves.

Today I am writing with a little more pride than usual. I ask you to check out my beautiful Sarah's blog 'Vesta Mini-Magic' http://vesta-mini-magic.blogspot.com/ she has written a wonderful poem called 'Circus' which she is going to enter into the school poetry/writing competition. Also the story called 'The Painting', both of these entries, she wrote yesterday. An amazing girl.

Then this morning I received a phone call from Matthew's mathematics's teacher. She said that she had Matthew in her class and he needed to tell me something. Of course I just panicked, what had gone wrong!
It wasn't that anything had gone wrong, but rather that he had received his results for his entry in the National Math competition that he sat last term. He competed against Grade 9 & 10 students (he is in grade 9) and received a DISTINCTION, placing him in the top 16% of the country's math students for his age group. I tell you I was completely blown away. Math has never, ever been my strong suit, and here is my son completely acing the exam.

So with my amazing Professor (Science) husband; Elizabeth our Ancient History expert; Me the writer and poet, Sarah - the musician, artist and writer and now Matthew both a school leader, amazing comedian and Math expert - We have it all covered!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wheeeeeeee, I can't wait to come out and see you all...it'll be like free entertaintment. The Cirque de'Adair. No tickets required! :)

No but seriously congratulations to you all especially now to Sarah and Matthew! Outstanding stuff guys!! :)

Mom said...

Your brother is a clot !!
Beverly we are as over the moon as you are, yes I know many a day you want to kill the lot but you and Ivan have done an amazing job in bring up three wonderful, kind, loving and obviously very brillian children. They sure do take after their mother and father. Well done Matthew, you are a star. All our love

darlin said...

Wow, that is amazing, all of your news! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

You are an extremely blessed family!